Monday, April 20, 2020

to all the boys I've loved before

to all the boys I've loved before
by Jenny Han

Cover image for To All the Boys I've Loved Before
“I like to save things. Not important things like whales or people or the environment. Silly things. Porcelain bells, the kind you get at souvenir shops. Cookie cutters you'll never use, because who needs a cookie cutter in the shape of a foot? Ribbons for my hair. Love letters. Of all the things I save, I guess you could say my love letters are my most prized possession.

To All the Boys I've Loved Before is a sweet story about being a teenage girl. The main character and narrator, Lara Jean, walks readers through the ups and downs of her high school days as though they are friends strolling beside her. Han writes in a way that is candid, humorous, endearing, and at times heartbreaking. She depicts the trials and anguish of teenage love in a way that takes readers right back to the age of 16 in the best possible way.

In the Classroom
Students will think about the things that they save. It could be related to a hobby or it could be something with sentimental value. Each student will pick one thing that they save that has meaning to them, and they will have the option to write a short paper or to create a 5 minute presentation explaining why they keep this item.

Students should consider:
Why do they save this item?
How long have they had the item?
Why does it have value to them?
How would they feel if the item was lost?

Age level: Young Adult

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cruel Prince

The Cruel Prince  by Holly Black “Y ou're no killer . He has no idea what I am. Maybe I don't know either. Maybe I never ...